Children do not think predators will be friendly.They think bad people behave a certain way. Teach your children that predators often use a convincing story. ‘Mum has had an accident come with me to the hospital.’ ‘Help me look for my lost puppy.’
Teach young children that if an adult they don’t know asks for help… refuse.
Never let children wait alone anywhere anytime especially by a roadside.
Teach your child to identify people who make them feel uncomfortable to someone they trust.
Explain to children that it is dangerous to give out personal info, send photos or post videos online.
Did you know?
- 5 children are abducted every week? 50% never return.
- 40% of all sexual assaults happen to children under 14.
- The average pedophile will molest between 45-135 children.
- 1 in 5 children are approached by sexual predators online.
- More than 4 million children on the internet every day.